Hey fight fans,
This update is focused on fixing issues with and improving AI, and also aims to improve punch synchronization online. We still have significant work to do in both of these areas and we're keen to hear your feedback on the changes made in this update!
- Updated the way that punch synchronization works in online fights, which should result in players seeing fewer online issues like ghost punches or instances where your opponent appears to disconnect/not throw any punches for a short period of time.
- Disabled the ability to feint punches in online play due to a bug. This is a temporary measure and we'll look to reintroduce feinting soon.
- Fixed a bug that meant AI Boxers would sometimes stop engaging/throwing punches despite being within punching range.
- Adds more movement tools to the AI toolbelt.
- AI Boxers are now able to use weave.
- Boxers are now able to use taunts in a wider variety of scenarios, like after dazing their opponent.
- Added adaptive learning for AI boxers around receiving repeated punches or combinations. This means that the AI is now able to react and adjust to players who repeatedly throw the same set of punches and should aim to find ways to counter or defend against the same set(s) of punches.
- Added adaptive learning for AI boxers around their opponent’s defensive strategies. This means that the AI is now able to react and adjust to players who repeatedly defend themselves in the same way, and should aim to find ways around that defensive style.
- Reduced the tendency for AI boxers to disengage. This means that AI fighters are now more likely to stay close and look for opportunities to score points.
- Increased the chance of AI Boxers performing counter punches.
- Increased the chance of AI Boxers performing directional punches.
- Reduced the chance of AI Boxers dodging toward the ropes when close to the ropes.
- Added behaviour that increases engagement & pressure from an AI Boxer when that boxer is behind on the cards in the later rounds of a fight.